Saturday, December 12, 2009

我已是陌生人了

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. -- sums up aptly my Oxford experience thus far, I think. There've been moments of sheer exhilaration, and days of utter isolation and despondency. Sometimes, I wish I were less of a sentimental and nostalgic person, and could stop reliving or thinking about past moments. Because that's just it - it's history, so there's nothing I can do to change anything, and thinking about it certainly won't. I should try to forget the past and live for the future. But who or what are we, if not the sum of our histories?

Experience is a dialectic, so even if I can't control how I feel, I can control how I view how I feel. Hopefully, my experiences at Oxford will make me a better person, in every sense of the word. That's all I could ask for.

Life is short. Carpe diem, and be thankful for what I have. It's hard, but I'll try to remind myself often.

4 comments:

ghimz said...

eh dude... you ok?

the only living boy in new york said...

mostly am! thanks for the concern! =)

ghimz said...

dont worry man.. before you know it you will be back in singapore!!! :) hang in there.

the only living boy in new york said...

haha thanks. no lah, no hurry to get back, I am enjoying Oxford (esp. the traveling part now haha) for the most part!